Are you one of the Nigerians asking if the West African Examinations Council, WAEC is recruiting or when will the next council recruitment be? This article answers that question and any other questions you may have regarding WAEC, Council Career Overview, Recruitment Process, Recruitment Requirements, Application Guide and Tips of success for a successful application.
The West African Examinations Council is a body established in 1951 to determine, organize/administer public interest examinations of five West African countries, namely: Nigeria, Ghana, Sierra Leone, Liberia; and The Gambia and other representatives of these countries such as governments, universities, secondary schools and other interest groups. The WAEC also awards certificates for each exam it runs on the West African coast. The Council of the five member countries consists of 34 members representing the governments of the member states.
WAEC is headed by a President. The pioneer Chairman of the Council was Prof. MO Oyawoye from Nigeria while the current Chairman of WAEC is Mr. Baboucarr Bouy from The Gambia. The headquarters of the examination board is located at Nelson Mandela Street, near Gulf Street, (behind Gulf House), Okponglo, POBox GP 125, Accra, Ghana. Waec Result
Also read; WAEC 2022/2023 Result Checker using www.waecdirect.org
The Board exercises its functions through the following committees:
- The International Administrative Committee
- The International Examinations Commission
- The International Nominations Committee
- The International Tenders Commission
- National Committees. Recruitment
The WAEC is financed by 2 sources namely: the product of examination fees and government subsidies of which Nigeria contributes 54.25%, Ghana 30.01%, Sierra Leone 6.91%, Gambia 6, 91% and Liberia 2.29%.
Career Overview in WAEC
The career path at WAEC covers various departments and divisions including Finance Department, Test Development Department, Test Administration Department, General Administration Department, Information and Communication Department and chefs with different levels of academic qualifications.
Unlike other organizations where the staff ranking follows a simple vertical structure, the WAEC ranking system has several people/officials in somewhat similar positions due to the complex board structure. Their ranking is as follows:
- Heads of National Offices (HNOs)
- Area coordinators
- Branch Controllers
- Officers in charge
- Review Officer (I–III)
- Assistant Review Officer (I–III)
- Assistant Review Officer (I – III) Dollar to Naira exchange rate
Also read; How to Change Date of Birth on WAEC Certificate
WAEC Employee Salary Structure
WAEC offers an attractive pay scale for its employees along with other benefits and good working conditions. Considering the international standards for the operation of the council, which are based on the Economic Community of West African States, ECOWAS standards, salaries for council employees would be lower or slightly higher than those of their counterparts national government agencies of the Member States. However, the average salary scale for WAEC civil servants according to an analysis on mysalaryscale.com, the salary of an administration and logistics officer, computer maintenance engineer, internal auditor, junior tax falls within the range of N267, 725. Well, this is strictly on estimate as the actual salary of WAEC officials cannot be easily determined.
WAEC Recruitment Process
The West Africa Examinations Council, WAEC recruitment process is to visit the recruitment portal at www.recruitment.waec.com.ng and register your login details via the on-screen step-by-step guide and also check the requirements listed below:
Recruitment Requirements for WAEC Application
To be eligible to apply for the WAEC position, you must have met the requirements below. All candidates must possess:
- Baccalaureate (B.Sc.) or Higher National Diploma (HND), National Certificate of Education (NCE), Ordinary National Diploma (OND) from a recognized institution
- NYSC Clearance/Exemption Certificate
- Five (5) credits pass in SSCE including Maths and English at 1 sitting or 6 credits at 2 sittings
- At least 3 years of relevant experience for the position you are interested in
- Not be over 35 years old
- Computer knowledge
- Uploaded scanned ID photo with a size between 7 kB and 30 kB and a dimension of 275 x 314 pixels
- Download scanned copies of certificates (secondary and tertiary) with a size between 50 kb and 120 kb and a width between 400 pixels and 1200 pixels and a height between 600 pixels and 1500 pixels
- Minimum of 3 references Pounds to Naira
Also read; Steps to Retrieve WAEC Index Number
WAEC Recruitment Application Guide
Candidates interested in WAEC jobs should know the following guides to successfully progress through the application process:
- Visit the WAEC recruitment application portal if you have already completed the registration process, click on “view details” for the position you are interested in. If you are not registered, click on the “register” link to register
- Log in with your registered information
- Click the “Apply Now” button
- Enter your login details and log in
- Submit your application and uploaded CV to: The Deputy Principal (HRM) WAEC, Yaba, Lagos
- Save or print your information.
Tips for Passing the WAEC Application
- Follow all instructions
- Avoid multiple applications
- Stay up to date with the preselection
- Prepare well for the aptitude test if there is one
- Do not cheat in the aptitude test exam
- Arrive at the exam location earlier than the stipulated time, no later than 30 minutes.
WAEC Recruitment Status
B/W: According to the Council website, WAEC is not currently recruiting, but we promise to update you on this website as soon as the application portal for 2022 opens.
The West Africa Examinations Council, WAEC is among the organizations that we are sure to recruit new employees to enrich their workforce in this year 2022. The WAEC recruitment portal will be open to all time from now and as I said earlier, this website will keep you up to date with the latest information regarding the announcement of the 2021 recruitment exercise. Meanwhile, in this article, I have taken time to guide you step by step on the recruitment process, information about WAEC, career counseling overview, application requirements, application guide and steps to pass the application process. for WAEC recruitment.
All you have to do to enjoy it as soon as WAEC announces its recruitment in 2022 is to keep your credentials ready and keep checking for updates. As we promise, we will update this page as soon as the WAEC recruitment portal opens for 2022. See you soon. Result of the jamb
Check and confirm: How much is Dollar to Naira Pound to Naira Conversion Today
This post may be useful to someone else, please share it on Facebook, Whatsapp, Telegram and Twitter. There are buttons below for that (easy to use too)!
The contents of this website may not be republished, reproduced, redistributed, in whole or in part, without proper permission or acknowledgment.
Appropriate acknowledgment includes, but is not limited to (a) A BACK TO ARTICLE LINK in the case of republication in online media, (b) proper referencing in the case of use in research , magazine, brochure or for academic purposes.
All content is protected by the Digital Millennium Copyright Act 1996 (DMCA).
We publish all content with good intentions. If you own this content and believe that your copyrights have been violated or infringed, please contact us at [[email protected]] lodge a complaint and we will immediately take the necessary measures.
🤑 Start making money from home today!
👉 Get the voucher for FREE TIPS and guides on how to make money from home today. Click here to start
👍 Advertise your business here!
With over 1 million unique users per month across all channels, we have a large audience to present your products and services to you. Simply contact us via 👉 [email protected].
🤑 Earn money now!
👉 Earn money by writing for us. Apply for Freelance Writing Jobs in Nigeria.
👉 Earn Money as InfoGuideNigeria Advertising Agents, find out more here